We’ve bid adieu to 2020 and welcomed the New Year with zeal. If there’s one factor the 12 months that handed taught us, it’s to not take our well being with no consideration, come what could. And given the dip in temperature, hair and pores and skin woes, amongst others, are aplenty this time of the 12 months.
During winters, the dearth of moisture within the air tends to dry out our hair and pores and skin, resulting in quite a few points similar to dandruff, zits, chapping of lips, to call a number of. However, there’s a one-stop resolution to all of those issues, and extra – carrots. Filled with goodness of vitamins and important nutritional vitamins, this root vegetable is the reply to a number of points that crop up, particularly on this season.
READ: Chapped lips supplying you with sleepless nights? Here are some useful hacks
“Carrots are great if you suffer from dry skin, because they are packed with potassium. Drink carrot juice regularly to keep your body and skin hydrated. Carrot juice may help in reducing the appearance of blemishes and scars. Furthermore, they provide your hair with vital vitamins, making your locks stronger, thicker and shinier,” says Dr Deepti Dhillon, a dermatologist.
- For clear, nourished pores and skin, go in for this DIY face masks. You will want 2tsp grated carrot and 1tsp milk cream (for greasy pores and skin, substitute this with 1tsp aloe vera gel).
- Grind the carrots to a clean paste and add the opposite substances to it. Mix nicely and apply evenly onto your pores and skin after you’ve cleansed it with a light cleanser. Leave it on for 15 minutes, rinse with chilly water and pat dry.
And that’s not all. “Carrots are an excellent source of beta carotene, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Beta carotene is a natural pigment which is essential for our body, as it helps the body to make vitamin A, which helps in improving eyesight. Beta carotene also helps in protecting the eyes from the sun and reduces the risk of other eye problems. Also, vitamins and minerals present in carrots help in building antibodies to defend our immune system and also prevent infections,” says nutritionist Manisha Chopra, who recommends consuming two to 3 carrots daily.
What’s extra, carrots additionally assist in holding blood strain in test. “Red carrots are high in vitamins A, C and K. This vegetable, high in fibre, helps in lowering blood pressure. It is also helpful in relieving constipation,” shares chef Guntas Sethi Bhasin, who recommends whipping up a wholesome Gajar ka Halwa to start out the New Year on a candy be aware.
The wholesome halwa (Recipe by chef Guntas Sethi Bhasin)
- Peel 1kg crimson, juicy carrots and grate solely the crimson half. In a heavy-bottom kadhai, add 1-2tbsp ghee adopted by the grated carrots. Sauté it for 4-5 minutes till color adjustments barely.
- Add 750g low fats milk and blend it collectively. Cook this combination on low-medium flame. After a couple of minutes, the milk will start to froth first after which begin decreasing slowly.
- Keep stirring the halwa combination, usually scraping the perimeters, and prepare dinner till the milk is nearly diminished. Add 1tsp elaichi powder and 5-8tbsp jaggery powder (relying on sweetness of the carrots).
- Simmer until the halwa combination begins to thicken and reduces extra. Stir at intervals. Once the halwa is totally dry, garnish with some dry fruits and serve sizzling.