Traversing a good distance since 1873, from horse-drawn carriages to the modern-day air-conditioned coaches, tram automobiles of Kolkata will now have WiFi facility to make them engaging for the youth, an official of West Bengal Transport Corporation (WBTC) mentioned.
The free WiFi service was launched solely in air- conditioned coaches on Friday, and it will likely be prolonged to all tram automobiles inside a month, relying on demand, he mentioned.
“The idea of WiFi in trams is to make it attractive for the youth and the tech-savvy,” WBTC Managing Director Rajanvir Singh Kapur mentioned.
Noticing that the ridership of younger folks has been reducing in tram automobiles, the WBTC determined to introduce free web service to maintain up with the current instances and supply one of the best facilities to its commuters, the official mentioned.
The Young Readers’ Tramcar and the Tram Library, which have been operationalised by WBTC within the metropolis, would even have this facility, he mentioned.
Children get books to learn free of charge throughout a trip within the Young Readers’ Tramcar, whereas the Tram Library has books and magazines for all passengers.
“The WBTC has been taking all plausible steps to make trams a choice mode,” its chairman Rachpal Singh mentioned.
- India vs Australia 4th Test Live Cricket Score: Australia Look For Big Lead After India Fightback
- European Council Chief Calls Kremlin Critic Alexei Navalny’s Arrest Unacceptable
- Case Filed After Misleading Pamphlets On COVID-19 Vaccine Shots Appear In UP
- Congress, Left Front Say Will Finalise Bengal Seat-Sharing Deal by January End
- Balasore, Odisha:Woman Paid Rs 50,000 To Get Daughter Killed, Arrested: Odisha Police