The Navi Mumbai police have arrested the motive force of a container truck for allegedly stealing a consignment of ready-made clothes price over Rs 34 lakh, an official stated on Wednesday.
According to the police, a consignment of readymade clothes price Rs 34,82,957 was loaded in a container at Kolkata and dispatched to a godown at Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai on December 24, 2020.
The consignment was speculated to be shipped out from Nhava Sheva port, nevertheless it did not attain the godown until December 30, the official stated.
Based on a grievance lodged by the logistics firm, the crime department started probe within the case, he stated.
Acting on a tip-off, a entice was laid close to Kalamboli bridge on Monday and arrested the container truck driver Jitendra Surendra Rai, 34, he stated.
The police additionally traced the container, which was deserted together with the consignment on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, he stated, including that the entire worth of the seizure was over Rs 59 lakh.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is printed from a syndicated feed.)
- Parler’s Website Is Back Online But App Still Not In Stores
- India vs Australia 4th Test Live Cricket Score: Australia Look For Big Lead After India Fightback
- European Council Chief Calls Kremlin Critic Alexei Navalny’s Arrest Unacceptable
- Case Filed After Misleading Pamphlets On COVID-19 Vaccine Shots Appear In UP
- Congress, Left Front Say Will Finalise Bengal Seat-Sharing Deal by January End