“..Kids love athletes as a result of they observe their goals.” This is a well-known dialogue from George Clooney’s film ‘Up in the Air.’ Hardly anybody can disagree with that. Sports has the facility to encourage folks and in addition teaches necessary classes in life. People typically use sports activities as a metaphor for all times. And on account of their laborious work, sheer expertise and inspirational tales, sportspersons typically grow to be idols for tens of millions of individuals the world over. However, not everybody manages to reside as much as the expectations. Some fall from grace after being concerned in unsportsmanlike acts and even felony actions in some situations and throw away their total lives’ fame. The newest to hitch this checklist is India’s two-time Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar.
Kumar, India’s most embellished wrestler, was arrested on Sunday morning over alleged involvement within the homicide of a fellow wrestler Sagar Rana in Delhi. He was absconding for practically 20 days.
The Delhi Police had introduced a reward of Rs 1 lakh for data resulting in Sushil Kumar’s arrest. A reward of Rs 50,000 has additionally been introduced for the arrest of his affiliate Ajay Kumar.
They had additionally filed an FIR within the case beneath sections 302 (homicide), 308 (culpable murder), 365 (kidnapping), 325 (inflicting grievous harm), 323 (voluntarily inflicting harm), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 506 (felony intimidation amongst others.
Here’s a listing of Indian sportspersons who’ve had run-ins with Police:
1. S Sreesanth: In 2013, he was arrested by the Delhi Police for spot-fixing in 2013. He confessed to spot-fixing throughout his five-day judicial custody. Two years later, the MCOCA court docket in Delhi’s Patiala House dropped fees in opposition to him. In 2018, BCCI turns down Sreesanth’s plea to chill out the ban and permit him to play county cricket in England. Two yr later, life ban for alleged spot-fixing in IPL video games was decreased to seven years.
2. Navjot Singh Sidhu: He was arrested by the police in 1991 for assaulting Gurnam Singh and in 2006 following a street rage incident. The Supreme Court in 2018 acquitted former cricketer and Punjab Tourism Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu from culpable murder fees in a 30-year-old street rage case for which he was awarded a three-year jail time period.
3. Iqbal Singh Boparai: He was charged with the double homicide of his personal mom and spouse within the United States
4. Tanveer Hussain: He was arrested within the United States for sexually abusing a minor lady again in 2017
5. Deepak Pahal: The boxer-turned gangster, holds a Rs 2 lakh reward for his position in 4 murders, extortion.
6. Jai Bhagwan: Two-time Asian Championships medallist and Arjuna awardee Jai Bhagwan, who was an Inspector with Haryana police, was suspended for assaulting a resort supervisor.
Read all of the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News right here