A pink alert for heavy rainfall has been issued for 5 districts of Tamil Nadu by the climate division and colleges and schools have been closed in 22 districts after a number of areas had been flooded, officers mentioned in the present day.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted ‘heavy to extraordinarily very heavy rainfall’ in Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Ramanathapuram, Pudukottai and Nagapattinam districts of the state.
Incessant rains within the state have prompted widespread harm to crops, buildings and roads and led to waterlogging and flooding in a number of areas until now.
Following successive spells of rainfall, a vacation has been declared for colleges and schools in 22 districts together with Thoothukudi, Kanniyakumari, Tirunelveli, Cuddalore, Tiruvarur, Tenkasi and Villupuram.
A vacation has additionally been declared for instructional establishments in Puducherry and Karaikal.
Thoothukudi metropolis in Tamil Nadu acquired 25.9cm of rain until 5:30am this morning whereas Karaikal in Puducherry acquired 11.9cm of rain.
Water entered a number of homes in Thoothukudi, inflicting a flood-like state of affairs.
Officials are bracing for waterlogging, extreme crop damages, uprooting of bushes, harm to cattle and improve in water ranges within the rivers and lakes following the heavy rainfall warning.
- New Rules For India Arrivals And Airports In 5 Points
- Mark Esper, Former US Defence Secretary, Sues Pentagon For Withholding Parts Of His Memoir: Report
- 7-Day Home Quarantine For At-Risk Nations’ Visitors Amid ‘Omicron’ Scare
- Omicron More Dangerous Than Delta? WHO’s Take In 5 Points
- BJP Gets Big Chunk Of Tripura Civic Elections, Counting Is On: 10 Facts