Press "Enter" to skip to content

Tamil Nadu Boy Electrocuted While Clicking Selfie On Train Engine

Chennai:

An try at clicking a selfie on a prepare engine turned tragic for a 14-year-old boy who died at this time of electrocution in Tirunelveli metropolis in southern Tamil Nadu.

Investigators say Gnaneswaran, a category IX scholar, got here in contact with a high-voltage energy line this morning when he climbed on to a prepare engine parked within the Tirunelveli Junction Railway Station to click on a selfie. He died immediately.

Gnaneswaran’s father, a authorities worker working for the state civil provides division, was engaged on a distinct platform on the identical railway station when the tragedy passed off, in keeping with the police.

“His father, who is a Junior Quality Inspector, had brought his son along as he had inspection work at the railway station. The family is from Thanjavur but have settled in Tirunelveli,” a police officer informed NDTV.

Newsbeep

The teenager’s physique was despatched to the Tirunelveli Medical College for put up mortem. An investigation is on into the tragedy, notably on the query of how the boy got here in contact with the excessive stress cable unnoticed.

It was reported final 12 months that India holds the document for the variety of individuals dying within the act of photographing themselves, with nearly 160 dying by the top of June 2019 alone. The state of affairs has change into so dire that India has needed to arrange “no selfie” zones – 16 of them within the metropolis of Mumbai.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    %d bloggers like this: