Former Nagaland Governor RN Ravi at present resigned because the Centre’s interlocutor for the continued peace talks with Naga insurgents, making means for the federal government to proceed with its reported plans. These plans embrace having a brand new points-person to restart the stalled negotiations.
The Centre had not been capable of finalise the appointment of former Intelligence Bureau (IB) Special Director Akshaya Kumar Mishra to the place of interlocutor as a result of Mr Ravi had not relinquished his place even after being transferred as Tamil Nadu Governor round two weeks in the past.
Mr Ravi was made Nagaland Governor in 2019 regardless of, in line with sources, opposition from the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak-Muivah (NSCN I-M), the important thing insurgent group that the federal government is speaking to.
A 1976-batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre, Mr Ravi was additionally with the IB earlier.
- 4 Dead, 12 Missing As Rain Batters Uttarakhand, Pics, Videos Show Damage
- North Korea Fires Unidentified Projectile: South Korea’s Military
- T20 World Cup: Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul Guide India To 7-Wicket Win Over England In Warm-Up Match
- Maharashtra Extends Restaurant, Shop Timings; Amusement Parks To Reopen
- 13,596 Fresh Covid Cases In India, Lowest Daily Rise In Nearly 8 Months