A warden of Punjab’s Kapurthala “modern” jail was arrested for allegedly working a racket of promoting SIM playing cards to jail inmates in collusion with two metropolis residents with prison historical past, the police stated on Thursday.
Kapurthala Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kanwardeep Kaur recognized the arrested jail warden as Lovepreet and two metropolis residents concerned within the racket as Vijay and Shivam.
She stated Lovepreet would procure SIM playing cards from Vijay and Shivam and provides them to prisoners for Rs 5,000 every.
The jail inmates had been utilizing these SIM playing cards to stay involved with the skin world and additional their prison actions, the SSP stated.
The police can even safe the custody of three jail inmates Sanjeev, Punjab Singh and Jolly who purchased 16 SIM playing cards from the jail warden and can examine if these playing cards had been getting used to additional any terror actions.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)
- Air “Severe” in Ghaziabad, Noida, Faridabad For Third Day In A Row
- Joe Biden Nominates Indian-American To Key US State Department Position
- Views Misinterpreted By Trinamool Colleagues: Bengal Minister
- Britain To Host First G7 Summit Of Biden Era In June
- India vs Australia 4th Test Live Cricket Score: Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane Key For India