AAP’s Bhagwant Mann, the celebration’s chief ministerial candidate in Punjab, spoke to NDTV on Tuesday on the weird televote forward of the state elections and his prospects. He scored 93 per cent within the televoting drive by the celebration that requested individuals to dial in to register their selection of the chief ministerial candidate.
Here are the highlights of his interview:
- “I gave the idea for the poll. I said traditional parties pick their candidates… we should change the process and involve citizens. We got over 22 lakh phone calls within a few days. Not only people chose me but also told us what all we should do in the state.”
- “There was no delay (in announcing the name for the Chief Minister candidate). It was part of our strategy. We still have time. Arvind Kejriwal did rallies. I had been doing rallies. We have been campaigning for years.”
- “I have won people’s trust twice. They (opposition) don’t have anything else to say about me. Even if I become the Chief Minister, they will say that the government won’t last for long,” mentioned the two-time MP from Sangrur Lok Sabha seat and the celebration’s face in Parliament.”
- Amid criticism over his ‘consuming drawback’, he had this to say – “I’ve put a cease to their narrative. Even celebration leaders of (Akali Dal’s) Sukhbir Badal are concerned in medication. I do not want their NoC (No-Objection Certificate). At least I wasn’t consuming the blood of the individuals of the state.”
- “Comedy is a really critical enterprise. And my comedy was not simply to induce laughs but in addition thought-provoking,” he clarified on his switch to politics from being an actor and a comic. I raise the issue of cancer, farmers’ suicide, I am a two-time MP. Will people select someone who just tells a joke?”
- On Charanjit Channi turning into the Chief Minister, he attacked the Congress and mentioned, “They modified Alibaba, however Chalis chor (40 thieves) are the identical.”