The rescue operation of greater than 500 vacationers, who’ve been stranded on the highway between South Portal of Atal Tunnel and Solang Nalla in Manali of Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh following heavy rainfall is underway.
Raman Gharsangi, Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Manali in a press release stated that efforts are being made to revive vehicular visitors and rescue stranded individuals.
“Rescue teams reached Dhundi around 8 pm. Over twenty 4X4 rescue vehicles with rescue teams sent with orders to provide facilities for stranded people. Taxis and one 48 seater bus also moved to Kulang so that evacuated persons could be shifted. Rescue is still underway,” Gharsangi stated.
Due to heavy snowfall over 500 vacationers stranded on the highway between South Portal of Atal Tunnel and Solang Nalla in Manali. Efforts are being made to revive vehicular visitors and rescue stranded individuals: Raman Garsanghi, SDM Manali. #HimachalPradeshpic.twitter.com/G0HwhZR81s
— ANI (@ANI) January 2, 2021
Meanwhile, the Meteorological Department on Tuesday issued a ”yellow” climate warning for heavy snowfall in Himachal Pradesh.
The division issued a “yellow” climate warning of heavy snowfall in mid and excessive hills on January 5 and thunderstorm and lightning in plains and low hills from January three to five.
- What Akshay Kumar And Twinkle Khanna Wrote For Each Other On”20 Years Of Togetherness”
- UK Invites PM Narendra Modi For G7, Says Boris Johnson To Visit India Ahead Of Summit
- Kareena Kapoor Shares A Glimpse Of Her New Home, Karisma And Randhir Kapoor Join The Celebrations
- Orissa High Court Asks Woman To Hand Over Baby To His Father
- P Chidambaram On Alleged Farm Law RTI Blackout