Press "Enter" to skip to content

OBC Reservation to Be Introduced in Sainik Schools from 2021-22: Defence Secretary

Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar. (Image: Twitter)

The Sainik Schools Society, which works below the Ministry of Defence, manages 33 such residential faculties within the nation.

  • PTI New Delhi
  • Last Updated: October 30, 2020, 19:25 IST
  • FOLLOW US ON:

Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar on Friday stated 27 per cent seats in Sainik faculties will probably be reserved for different backward courses (OBCs) from the educational session of 2021-22. The Sainik Schools Society, which works below the Ministry of Defence, manages 33 such residential faculties within the nation.

“OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik Schools from the year 2021-22,” Kumar stated on Twitter and posted pictures of an October 13 round that was despatched to principals of all Sainik faculties throughout the nation.

The round stated 67 per cent of the seats in a Sainik faculty are reserved for candidates from the state or the Union Territory during which the varsity is positioned and the remaining 33 per cent is reserved for many who come from outdoors that state or UT. These two lists will probably be termed List A and List B. The round stated inside every record, 15 per cent seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes, 7.5 per cent seats are for Scheduled Tribes and 27 per cent seats are for non-creamy layer OBCs.

It said this reservation coverage will come into impact from the educational session of 2021-22.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    %d bloggers like this: