The Supreme Court at this time refused former Mumbai high cop Param Bir Singh safety from arrest in an extortion case in opposition to him. The court docket demanded that he disclose his location. “Where is Mr Parambir Singh?” the court docket requested.
Mr Singh faces at the very least 4 circumstances of extortion and is believed to have fled the nation.
The SC questioned the previous Mumbai police chief’s lawyer. “Which part of the world is the petitioner in? Are you in this country or outside? First I want to know where are you,” Justice SK Kaul requested.
Justice Kaul hit out at Mr Singh’s lawyer when he argued that he can “get out of the hole” if he’s “allowed to breathe”.
“Look at the lack of confidence in the system. He was the police commissioner, but we are not going to treat him any differently. He is seeking protection. Are you saying that he will come to India only if the courts protect him?” the court docket mentioned.
The SC will now hear the matter on November 22.
- New Rules For India Arrivals And Airports In 5 Points
- Mark Esper, Former US Defence Secretary, Sues Pentagon For Withholding Parts Of His Memoir: Report
- 7-Day Home Quarantine For At-Risk Nations’ Visitors Amid ‘Omicron’ Scare
- Omicron More Dangerous Than Delta? WHO’s Take In 5 Points
- BJP Gets Big Chunk Of Tripura Civic Elections, Counting Is On: 10 Facts