Charanjit Singh Channi, Punjab’s new Chief Minister, broke down immediately as he thanked his Congress celebration management for selecting “an aam aadmi (frequent man)” for the highest put up. Addressing the media shortly after his oath, he introduced the primary of the celebration’s ballot guarantees — a water invoice waiver for the poor.
“I’m the aam aadmi, sitting right here whereas different events preserve speaking about aam aadmi. This is the aam aadmi Sarkar. It has to take many selections for Punjab,” Mr Channi stated, flanked by Punjab Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu and in-charge Harish Rawat.
“My father used to fix tents at others’ houses…,” he stated, choking up.
In his effusive thank-yous, Mr Channi included his predecessor Amarinder Singh, who resigned on Saturday accusing the Congress of humiliating him thrice.
Mr Channi is the primary Dalit Sikh to change into Chief Minister of Punjab. He has two deputies, Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and Om Prakash Soni.
Rahul Gandhi attended the oath ceremony, proudly owning his determination to alter the management in Punjab amid criticism from a number of quarters.
“I am a representative of the common man, the farmer and anyone who is oppressed. I am not a representative of the rich. Those who are into sand-mining and other illegal activities, don’t come to me. I am not your representative,” the brand new Chief Minister declared.
Promising to exempt the poor from water payments, Mr Channi stated, “I will complete all of Captain (Amarinder Singh’s) unfinished work.”
- Speeding Hyundai Grand i10 Car Drives Into Crowd Amid Durga Puja Visarjan (Immersion) In Madhya Pradesh’s BhopalSpeeding Hyundai Grand i10 Car Drives Into Crowd Amid Durga Puja Visarjan (Immersion) In Madhya Pradesh’s Bhopal
- Woman Riding Pillion Forced To Take Off Hijab In Madhya Pradesh
- Former US President Bill Clinton To Spend One More Night In Hospital With Non-Covid Infection
- Bodies Of Soldiers Recovered After 48-Hour Op In J&Okay, Casualties Now 9
- Rahul Dravid Set To Take Over As Team India Coach After T20 World Cup, Claim Reports