A hearth broke out within the engine of a Bengaluru-bound Rajdhani Express prepare close to Vikarabad district of Telangana on Sunday evening, a official of South Central Railway (SCR) stated.
All the passengers of the prepare are protected, he stated.
The incident occurred round 9 pm when the New Delhi to Bengaluru Rajdhani Express was passing Nawandgi railway station, railway official Ch Rakesh stated.
The loco pilot seen smoke from the locomotive and as a precautionary measure stopped the prepare. As minor flames erupted and it was confined to a small portion of the engine, which was indifferent from the coaches, he stated.
A hearth tender was pressed into service and the flames had been postpone. A aid locomotive was despatched to the station, the chief PRO stated.
The precise reason behind the fireplace was being ascertained, the official added.