One of the preferred festivals of Assam, Magh Bihu is a joyous, vibrant harvest gala celebrated with nice gusto. The spirit of this competition is imbued with happiness, gratitude, brotherhood, welcoming the brand new. So, individuals breaking out into music and dance, observing the celebratory fervor, turns into an natural, spontaneous consequence; as a result of no competition is full with out music. Music has ceaselessly influenced cultures and has been an integral and indispensable half.
Hence, naturally, heralding the season of abundance, the celebration of Magh Bihu has been replete with soulful, melodious folks music and dance.
People collect throughout the competition and interact in merrymaking. In the early morning of Bihu, ‘meji’ or bonfire is lit and the competition is widely known with some superb folks songs accompanied with conventional devices. The Assamese folks songs are very important to the Bihu competition.
Here are some folks songs embodying the cheerful Magh Bihu festive spirit:
1. Kong seng: This Assamese folks music captures the colourful, vibrant and cheerful soul of Assamese custom. The foot-tapping, peppy, great beats of the music painting the essence of the festive temper within the truest sense.
2. Bohagote amare aai mohura hoi ghure: This music sung by Bhupen Hazarika reverberates with the spirit of sharing, deep cultural bond, and the fantastic thing about group spirit. Celebrating the prosperity, the bountiful nature, its melody captivates and engages every person, and fuels the zeal of the festive spirit.
3. Pahar Bogai Bogai: This is among the loveliest folks songs that has some superb accompaniment of musical devices. It is a fairly common music sung by Krishnamoni and Bornali.
4. Bihu Anandia: Another pleasant music sung by Bhupen Hazarika is Bihu Anandia that enlivens the festive spirit. The mellifluous notes, the heartrending sound of the flutes, blended with energetic drum beats, horn sounds, are an ideal match for Magh Bihu celebration.
5. Namore Kothiya: Yet one other all-time hit Bihu music by Bhupen Hazarika is that this joyful Namore Kothiya. With cuckoo’s sound within the background, accompanied with energetic, rhythmic tune of conventional devices elevates the music’s leisure quotient to a different stage.
6. Dhonseng: This is a good looking folks music by Papon. It has some very fast-paced beats and quirky lyrics. It is a well-liked Bihu music.
Performing to those stunning, joyful, folks songs, Assamese have interaction in a managed rhythmic dance, and categorical their delight and pleasure throughout Magh Bihu competition.