Press "Enter" to skip to content

Lewis Hamilton Says Safety Car Re-starts Putting Drivers at Risk

Lewis Hamilton (Photo Credit: Twitter)

Lewis Hamilton has referred to as for a rethink on how races are restarted behind the protection automobile as a result of he fears drivers are being put in danger.

  • Reuters
  • Last Updated: September 14, 2020, 7:37 PM IST

Six-times Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has referred to as for a rethink on how races are re-started behind the protection automobile as a result of he fears drivers are being put in danger.

Sunday’s Tuscan Grand Prix at Mugello was stopped twice because of crashes, the primary time after a four-car pile-up when backmarkers accelerated too quickly.

Valtteri Bottas had been main for Mercedes and controlling the tempo, backing the pack up and delaying his getaway for optimum impact.

Hamilton, who took his 90th profession win on the Italian circuit, instructed reporters the protection automobile lights had been being turned off, successfully handing over management to the race chief, later and later.

“They’re obviously trying to make it more exciting but ultimately today you’ve seen they’ve put people at risk, so perhaps they need to rethink that,” mentioned Hamilton, who felt Sunday was “a little bit over the limit.”

Red Bull’s Alex Albon agreed it had been harmful.

“I think tracks like this are always going to be difficult as well, with long straights but definitely something could have been done better,” he added.

ALSO READ | F1: Lewis Hamilton Wins Crash-marred Tuscan GP, Mercedes Temamate Valtteri Bottas 2nd

Ferrari-owned Mugello was getting used for the primary time as a grand prix venue.

Bottas mentioned Mercedes had expressed some concern earlier than the race, however to no impact.

“They said basically they’re going to keep doing it because it’s better for the show. I think that was the reply,” added the Finn.

Asked whether or not security was being compromised for the present, Hamilton mentioned he didn’t wish to overstep the mark.

“They definitely need to take into account the safety aspect because today wasn’t particularly safe with the restart,” declared the Briton.

Race director Michael Masi mentioned there was no want for a overview of security automobile re-starts.

“From an FIA perspective, safety is paramount. Full stop,” he added.


Array
(
[query] => https://pubstack.nw18.com/pubsync/v1/api/videos/recommended?source=n18english&channels=5d95e6c378c2f2492e2148a2,5d95e6c278c2f2492e214884,5d96f74de3f5f312274ca307&categories=5d95e6d7340a9e4981b2e10a&query=formula+one%2Cformula+one+news%2Clewis+hamilton%2Cmercedes%2CSafety+Car&publish_min=2020-09-11T17:33:30.000Z&publish_max=2020-09-14T17:33:30.000Z&sort_by=date-relevance&order_by=0&limit=2
)

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    %d bloggers like this: