Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday mentioned India is pleased with its previous and longing for a “tech-led, science-led, innovation-led, talent-led future” too. He addressed the Indian diaspora in Tokyo, the place he’s on a two-day go to to attend a summit of Quad leaders on the invitation of Japanese counterpart Fumio Kishida.
The prime minister mentioned he’s grateful to the Indian group for a heat reception. “Whenever I come here, I get so much affection. So many of you have settled here for so long,” he added.
Calling the BJP-led authorities on the Centre “leakage-proof”, PM Modi mentioned India has recognized a “strong, resilient and responsible” democracy.
Here are the highest quotes from Modi’s speech to Indians settled in Tokyo, the place the PM courted high Japanese enterprise leaders earlier within the day:
- On India’s future: Prime Minister Modi mentioned India was pleased with its previous. “…hopeful for tech-led, science-led, innovation-led, talent-led future too,” he mentioned.
- On ‘leakage-proof’ authorities, democracy and elections: PM Modi mentioned the BJP-led authorities on the Centre was “leakage-proof”. “There has been a record turnout in elections in India… women voters have increased. India is seeing a leakage proof govt today. We have identified a strong and resilient, responsible democracy in India. In the last eight years, we have made a medium of positive change in people’s lives,” the PM added.
- On Japan and India’s shared values: “When Swami Vivekananda was going to Chicago for his historic address, he had also come to Japan before that. Japan had left a deep impression on his mind. The patriotism of the people of Japan, their confidence and awareness, level of cleanliness; he had openly praised it,” Modi mentioned.
- On partnership with Japan: PM Modi mentioned India and Japan have been pure companions. “Japan has played an important role in India’s development journey. Our relationship with Japan is one of intimacy, of spirituality, of cooperation, of belonging. Our relationship with Japan is one of strength, of respect. Our relationship with Japan is that of Buddha, of knowledge, of meditation,” he mentioned, including that India was lucky for the “blessing of Lord Buddha” and irrespective of how huge the issue, “India always looks for solutions”.
- On India-Japan cooperation: PM Modi mentioned Japan was an vital accomplice in capability constructing. “Be it Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail, Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor, dedicated freight corridor, these are great examples of India-Japan cooperation,” he added.
Read all of the Latest News , Breaking News and IPL 2022 Live Updates right here.