Kolkata’s iconic Howrah bridge lit up in Olympic colors as we speak to have fun the spirit of video games, being held in robust circumstances this 12 months attributable to Covid-induced restrictions.
The iconic bridge, constructed over the Hooghly River, will likely be lit up within the evenings between July 20 to August 8.
The 78-year-old bridge has been decked in blue, black, inexperienced and yellow, color lights.
The lighting of Howrah bridge is an initiative of Kolkata’s Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, beneath the Ministry of Ports.
The 2021 Olympic video games in Tokyo will start on July 23. The metropolis has been adorned with Tokyo 2020 flags and promoting, and futuristic Olympic and Paralympic mascots are plastered on buses and buildings.
The rising virus instances in Tokyo have resulted in closure of all public viewing occasions. The nation is beneath a state of emergency that mandates eating places and bars to shut by 8:00 pm — when the opening ceremony begins — and they’re banned from serving alcohol.
- 40,134 Fresh Coronavirus Cases In India, 4% Lower Than Yesterday
- Turkey Wildfires Death Count Rises To 8, Coastal Resorts Affected
- Top US Republican Kevin McCarthy Jokes On Hitting Democrat Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Malaika Arora And Arjun Kapoor’s Sunday Lunch Was A Delicious Tuscan Affair
- Mamata Banerjee’s Nephew Abhishek In Agartala On Monday