COVID-19 is an infectious illness brought on by the just lately found coronavirus. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily by means of droplets of saliva or discharge from the nostril when an contaminated individual coughs or sneezes. The virus enters the physique through nostril, mouth and eyes. Some latest research recommend that virus could also be airborne and will be unfold by means of wonderful contaminated droplets that stay suspended within the air in closed air-conditioned environments of places of work, AC cabs-buses, buying malls and theatres resulting from absence of cross-ventilation, even when you’re not in direct contact with an contaminated individual. Lots of people with delicate signs residence quarantine.
Home therapy – Do’s:
- Stay at residence on a regular basis, except there’s a medical purpose for journey.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your palms for greater than 20 seconds, together with in between your fingers and beneath fingers and beneath your nails utilizing loads of cleaning soap and water. Otherwise, use an alcohol based mostly sanitizer with greater than 60% alcohol. Do this steadily, particularly earlier than you eat, after you utilize the restroom, blow your nostril or cough, or earlier than you contact your face.
- Cover your cough and sneeze. The finest solution to cough or sneeze is into your elbow.
- Stay in separate room with door closed. Use separate toilet.
- Wipe all surfaces i.e. doorknobs, counter tops, stairway railings and switches, you come into contact with. Any bleach-containing family product is efficient.
- Wipe your telephone with disinfectant wipes or 70% isopropyl alcohol because it touches your palms and your face typically.
- Wash your palms totally after dealing with money or bank cards as their floor could have virus.
- Wear a facemask if you happen to step out of your room or if somebody enters your room.
- Wash your palms earlier than you put on your masks. Only contact ear loops.
- Protect your immune system by consuming balanced weight loss program, staying hydrated, avoiding alcohol, getting sufficient sleep and keep wholesome weight.
- Daily monitor signs corresponding to dry cough, shortness of breath, fever >102 F, lack of style & scent. It is nice to have a finger pulse oximeter at residence to observe oxygen saturation.
- Seek medical recommendation for chemoprophylaxis for your loved ones members.
Home therapy – Don’ts:
- Don’t panic.
- Don’t go to public areas. Don’t use public transport.
- Don’t shake palms or hug. Use an alternate greeting sustaining 6-Eight ft distance.
- Don’t contact your eyes, nostril, mouth or face with out washing your palms.
- Don’t share water, utensils, towels or bedding with members of the family.
- Don’t go to older family members or group members, as they’re most weak. Discourage guests.
- Don’t discontinue self-quarantine till instructed.
Home therapy – Instructions for Caregivers:
Mask: The caregiver ought to put on a triple layer medical masks appropriately when in the identical room with the in poor health individual. Front portion of the masks shouldn’t be touched or dealt with throughout use.
If the masks will get moist or soiled with secretions, it should be modified instantly. Discard the masks after use and carry out hand hygiene after disposal of the masks.
Hand hygiene: It should be ensured following contact with in poor health individual or his rapid setting. Hand hygiene must also be practiced earlier than and after making ready meals, earlier than consuming, after utilizing the bathroom, and at any time when palms look soiled. Use cleaning soap and water for hand washing a minimum of for 40 seconds. Alcohol-based hand rub can be utilized, if palms should not visibly dirty.
After utilizing cleaning soap and water, use of disposable paper towels to dry palms is fascinating. If not obtainable, use devoted clear material towels and exchange them once they turn into moist.
Exposure to affected person: Avoid direct contact with physique fluids of the affected person, significantly oral or respiratory secretions. Use disposable gloves whereas dealing with the affected person. Perform hand hygiene earlier than and after eradicating gloves.
Avoid publicity to probably contaminated objects in his rapid setting (e.g. keep away from sharing cigarettes, consuming utensils, dishes, drinks, used towels or mattress linen).
Food: It should be supplied to the affected person in his room. Utensils and dishes utilized by the affected person ought to be cleaned with cleaning soap/detergent and water sporting gloves. The utensils and dishes could also be re-used. Clean palms after taking off gloves or dealing with used objects.
Use triple layer medical masks and disposable gloves whereas cleansing or dealing with surfaces, clothes or linen utilized by the affected person. Perform hand hygiene earlier than and after eradicating gloves. The care giver will guarantee that the affected person follows the prescribed therapy.
The care giver and all shut contact ought to self-monitor their well being with each day temperature monitoring and report promptly in the event that they develop any symptom suggestive of COVID-19 (fever/cough/issue in respiratory/ lack of scent and style).
If care giver suffers with any of those signs, he/ she ought to seek the advice of to doctor instantly who will information you for COVID testing and therapy if required.
You could contact 0124-4834566 for Medanta Home care bundle.
• Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Guidelines
• WHO guidebook for Support for Rehabilitation Self-Management after COVID19- Related Illness
• US- Centre for illness Control (CDC)
Read all of the Latest News and Breaking News right here