Global Day of Parents, celebrated on June 1, is a special occasion for each mother and father and kids. Parents are sometimes the function mannequin for his or her youngsters and there are a lot of situations when the latter have made their mum and pop proud. Did you understand that successful the Nobel Prize runs in household of the well-known scientist couple Marie Skodowska Curie and Pierre Curie. Better often called Madame Curie, she shared the Nobel Prize for Physics together with her husband in 1903. In 1911, Madame Curie gained the Nobel once more; this time for Chemistry. Their elder daughter Irene Joliot Curie turned a Nobel Laureate in 1935. She had gained the Prize for Chemistry. On Global Day of Parents, listed here are seven extraordinary parent-child pairs who’re Nobel Laureates.
Parent-Child Pairs Who Won The Nobel Prize
- Marie Skodowska Curie gained the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1911. She shared the Prize for Physics in 1903 with husband Pierre Curie. Their daughter, Irene Joliot-Curie was awarded the Chemistry Prize in 1935.
- William Bragg gained the Nobel for Physics in 1915 and Lawrence Bragg in 1915.
- Physicist Niels Bohr was awarded the Nobel in 1922 and his son Aage N. Bohr in 1975.
- Hans von Euler-Chelpin gained the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1929 and his son Ulf von Euler for Medicine in 1970.
- Arthur Kornberg gained the Prize in 1959 for Medicine and his son Roger D. Kornberg for Chemistry in 2006.
- Manne Siegbahn was awarded the Nobel for Physics in 1924 and his son Kai M. Siegbahn gained the Physics Prize in 1981.
- Physicists JJ Thomson gained the Nobel Prize in 1906 and his son George Paget Thomson in 1937.