The Mi-17V-5 helicopters are extraordinarily dependable and are the workhorses of the Air Force, a number of former military officers advised NDTV after one in every of these choppers crashed in Tamil Nadu, with Chief of Defence Staff Bipin Rawat and several other members of his household on board. The crash perplexed the specialists, who stated the flight from Sulur to Wellington didn’t contain problems.
Four persons are useless and one other 4 who survived, have been taken to a hospital. It is believed that there have been 14 individuals on board, together with the chopper’s crew and passengers.
The Indian Air Force has already ordered an inquiry into the crash.
The Mi-17V-5 is the newest twin-engine iteration of the Russian-made Mi-17 transport helicopter and is used recurrently for high-altitude operations. One of probably the most superior army transports that can be utilized in any topography and climate, it is among the strongest choppers utilized by Indian defence forces.
India owns a pretty big fleet of those helicopters that had been bought and inducted between 2013 and 2018.
Most specialists NDTV spoke to described it as a “very reliable, safe, stable, and large” helicopter that can be used to ferry VIPs, together with the President and the Prime Minister.
According to info out there on the web site of Rosoboronexport — the Russian arms provider — the chopper is designed to “carry personnel, cargo and equipment inside the cargo cabin or on an external sling, drop tactical air assault forces and reconnaissance and sabotage groups, destroy ground targets and carry the wounded”.
“Its armament system includes unguided rockets (up to 80 S-8 80mm unguided aerial rockets), cannons (suspended pods with 23mm cannons and 250 rounds each) and small arms,” the web site says.
- Uttarakhand Minister Sacked Amid BJP Infighting Ahead Of Polls
- Girl, 10, Pushed Into Well By Man Who Tried To Rape Her. She Survived: Cops
- Anushka Sharma’s Emotional Post For Virat Kohli After He Steps Down As India Test Captain
- 2.71 Lakh New Covid Cases In India, Positivity Down Marginally
- ICC U19 World Cup 2022, India U19 vs South Africa U19 Live Score Updates: South Africa U19 Two Down, Need 175 More Runs To WinICC U19 World Cup 2022, India U19 vs South Africa U19 Live Score Updates: South Africa U19 Two Down, Need 175 More Runs To Win