A fireplace broke at a nursing dwelling in west Delhi’s Vikaspuri round 11 pm on Tuesday, officers mentioned.
Eight hearth tenders had been rushed to the UK Nursing Home and all 26 sufferers had been safely rescued, together with 17 Covid sufferers, they mentioned.
Firefighters entered the nursing dwelling after breaking the home windows and rescued the sufferers from the blaze that originated because of a short-circuit in a retailer room on the primary flooring. Some sufferers had been additionally there on the bottom flooring, the officers mentioned.
Videos have emerged from the nursing that present scenes of chaos as docs consolation the admitted sufferers and the firefighters help sufferers out of the premises on wheelchairs. Attendants of the sufferers are seen fanning the smoke away from them.
Further particulars are awaited.