US President Donald Trump on Wednesday urged calm and mentioned he opposed any violence amongst supporters as Congress debated his impeachment for inciting riot.
“In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for,” Trump mentioned in an announcement launched by the White House.
“I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.”
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is printed from a syndicated feed.)
- Third Cabinet Reshuffle In Karnataka In 4 Days
- Farmers’ Group Plans To Veer From Agreed Upon Route For Tractor Rally
- India, China “Minor Face-Off” In Sikkim Last Week, Resolved By Officers
- Kerala High Court Grants Bail To Suspended IAS Officer M Sivasankar
- Republicans Signal Deep Resistance To Trump Impeachment Trial In US Senate