Major ports’ volumes moderated to ~55 mnt in July 2021 (-6% m-m), down 3.7% CAGR vs July-19 (vs. +1% CAGR in June-21 vs June-19) and the weakest within the final 10 months. POL and iron ore volumes had been weak, with POL volumes declining at 11.2% CAGR vs July-19 and iron ore volumes declining at 6.8% CAGR vs July-19. Container volumes at 887ok TEUs had been sequentially weaker, although nearer to July-19 ranges.
Data monitor: Traffic at main ports moderated in July
More from EconomyMore posts in Economy »
- E-way GST invoice era picks up tempo forward of festive season
- Need To Mainstream Green Finance, Says RBI Deputy Governor M Rajeshwar Rao
- GST Filing Rule to Change Soon: Know Who can File GSTR-1, Who Can’t
- Gold, Silver Prices Edge Lower On Weak Global Markets
- Cautious Push: Finance secretary TV Somanathan tempers stimulus expectations