The Congress in Tripura has known as a 12-hour shutdown within the state to protest the assault on high opposition leaders allegedly by BJP supporters within the state. The protest name comes simply hours after state Congress chief Pijush Biswas suffered minor accidents after his automobile was attacked whereas he was on his solution to attend a celebration assembly.
The assault on Mr Biswas occurred exterior the Congress’ subject workplace in Bishalgarh, which is round 20 km from state capital Agartala, on Sunday morning.
“A group of armed goons of the BJP attacked me and my party colleagues with the intention to kill me. Police was present at the spot but remained mute spectators. The BJP workers vandalised my car and seriously injured me, my driver and five other Congress activists,” Mr Biswas instructed reporters on the Congress Bhavan.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) condemned the assaults and has demanded an inquiry into the incident. The BJP has additionally claimed that the assault on state Congress Chief was a results of “internal fights” inside the get together.
“Our party does not believe in political violence. Our activists were not involved in the incident,” BJP spokesperson Nabendu Bhattacharya stated.
Meanwhile, on Sunday, anti-social parts vandalised the residence of Rajya Sabha MP from Tripura and senior CPM chief Jharna Das Baidya in state capital Agartala.
CPM has additionally alleged that forward of the incident at Ms Baidya residence, BJP employees tried to disrupt a gathering held by two wings of the get together – the DYFI and SFI at Badhargaht badharghta space of state capital Agartala, on Sunday.
Top police officers have added that they’ve acquired separate police criticism of each the assaults on political leaders.
- IND vs ENG: Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin Shine As India Beat England By 10 Wickets Inside Two DaysIND vs ENG: Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin Shine As India Beat England By 10 Wickets Inside Two Days
- Worldwide Coronavirus Deaths Top 2.5 Million: Report
- New Rules For Online News And Social Media: 10-Point Guide
- Some States Resorting To Proxy War By Supporting Non-State Actors: India At UN
- Bengal Assembly Election: Police Cancel Asaduddin Owaisi’s Kolkata Rally Ahead Of Polls: AIMIM LeaderBengal Assembly Election: Police Cancel Asaduddin Owaisi’s Kolkata Rally Ahead Of Polls: AIMIM Leader