- The prime officer retired yesterday as Bengal’s Chief Secretary
- Was known as again by the centre after Mamata Banerjee skipped PM’s meet
- The officer has been made adviser to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
Alapan Bandopadhyay, the officer within the core of the newest flashpoint between Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been served discover by the Centre for skipping a gathering chaired by the PM.
Mr Bandyopadhyay retired yesterday as Bengal’s Chief Secretary and was instantly appointed Chief Adviser by Mamata Banerjee, who had refused to launch him after the Centre ordered his switch on Friday.
A show-cause discover put out final night asks him to elucidate his absence from PM Modi’s assembly on Cyclone Yaas in Bengal. The Centre has served discover below the Disaster Management Act and requested Mr Bandopadhyay to reply inside three days.
Mamata Banerjee and her crew had on Friday begged off the assembly with PM Modi to evaluate the impression of Cyclone Yaas in Bengal and left after a short interplay with the Prime Minister on the air base the place he had landed after an aerial evaluate. One of her causes for doing so was the presence of her former aide-turned-BJP MLA Suvendu Adhikari on the assembly.
Mamata Banerjee has since asserted she had different scheduled conferences and on account of unhealthy climate needed to fly out for these on the earliest. She additionally stated she left solely with the Prime Minister’s permission.
The Centre later accused her of behaving in an “ugly, disrespectful and arrogant manner” and insulting PM Modi. The identical night, Ms Banerjee’s prime officer, Mr Bandopadhyay, obtained a recall order and was requested to report back to the Centre on Monday.
The Centre’s present trigger discover steers away from the truth that Mr Bandopadhyay didn’t achieve this yesterday. Ms Banerjee hit out on the Centre for not giving a cause for summoning Bengal’s prime bureaucrat to Delhi, calling it “vendetta” and including that she had by no means seen something so “heartless”.
The present trigger discover to Mr Bandyopadhyay focuses on the evaluate meet controversy and says on Friday, PM Modi and different members of his entourage waited for almost 15 minutes for the officers of the Bengal authorities to reach.
“In view of the absence, the Chief Secretary (Mr Bandyopadhay) was called by an official as to whether they wanted to participate in the review meeting or not. Thereafter, Chief Secretary arrived along with Chief Minister of West Bengal inside the meeting room and left thereafter immediately,” the Centre says.
The discover has been issued on the premise that the assembly that the officer did not attend concerned “affairs of the Centre”.
The legislation says it is the state authorities that may take disciplinary motion in opposition to an officer working below the state, however on this case, the discover follows the argument that the Chief Secretary “refused to attend” a evaluate meet known as by the Centre.
- Will Hasten Third Wave, Delhi High Court Flags Violations As Delhi Unlocks
- UP Police Sends Legal Notice To Twitter India Managing Director Over Ghaziabad Assault Video: News Agency ANIUP Police Sends Legal Notice To Twitter India Managing Director Over Ghaziabad Assault Video: News Agency ANI
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin Meets Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi In Delhi
- Over 10,000 Daily UK Covid-19 Cases For First Time In 4 Months
- Sputnik V To Offer Booster Shots Against Delta Variant To Other Vaccine Makers