Each citizen of India who’s over 18 years of age and is a domicile of the respective state/UT is ideally eligible to solid their vote within the Assembly polls
Assembly Election 2021: Voting can be held for a complete of 45 seats tomorrow (Saturday, 17 April, 2021) throughout six districts within the fifth section of the eight-phased West Bengal Assembly Election 2021.
The state, which can maintain elections in phases until 29 April, accomplished 4 phases of polling on 10 April. Polling for Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry Assembly elections have been additionally held in a single section on 6 April, together with the third and ultimate section of Assam Assembly Election 2021.
Votes can be counted on 2 May.
Over the years, the Election Commission has made a number of preparations to simplify the polling course of for voters. It additionally runs numerous consciousness programmes to coach voters about due diligence and necessities. However, the very fact the polling course of is totally digital and the sheer confusion over the division of districts into Assembly segments and numerous polling cubicles may be daunting for first-time voters.
Follow protection on Assembly elections 2021 right here
So, Firstpost got here up with a collection of articles to simplify the method and help residents in exercising their democratic proper. In this text, we are going to focus on intimately the method to search out your title within the checklist of voters and how one can find your polling sales space within the metropolis.
How to test your title on the electoral roll (voters’ checklist)
Each citizen of India who’s over 18 years of age and is a domicile of the respective state/UT is ideally eligible to solid their vote within the Assembly polls. However, an necessary step in claiming that proper is having your self registered within the checklist of voters or electoral roll. If you have got signed up for a similar, right here is how one can confirm whether or not your title is a part of the official checklist of registered voters.
Through the web technique
- Log on to the Chief Electoral Officer’s web site of the respective state or UT and click on on the Electoral Roll possibility
- The electoral roll is obtainable in English, Hindi and the state’s language
- Click on Main Roll
- Select your Assembly Constituency based mostly on the a part of town you reside in (or the handle talked about within the paperwork submitted throughout registration)
- Select the precise space of the constituency or Part Number relying in your residence (or your registered handle falls)
- Fill out the Captcha code and click on on submit
- Click on the PDF hyperlink delivered after the search and scan to your title from the checklist organized in alphabetical order
Through landline/cell phones
- Calling the Voter Helpline 1950, prefixed by your space’s STD code
- Select your most popular language and comply with the directions by the automated operator
SMS <ECI> house <EPIC No> to 1950 (EPIC stands for Electors Photo Identity Card additionally generally referred to as a Voter ID card). Example – If your EPIC is 12345678 then SMS ECI 12345678 to 1950
Through cell app
- Android customers can obtain the cell software from Google Play Store
- iPhone customers might go to the App Store and seek for voter helpline.
How to find your polling sales space
The most elementary unit of the electoral course of in India is the polling station, the place eligible residents go to vote for his or her most popular candidate. To find your polling sales space, voters might use the providers of the Voter Helpline App developed by the Election Commission for this goal.
The voter helpline quantity 1950 can even assist voters find polling sales space. You can name this quantity after including the STD code (011 on this case) or get the main points by sending an SMS to 1950 with <ECIP011> house <YourEPICNo>.
Additionally, the electoral roll additionally has the precise handle, Google location and pictures of the polling sales space.