A former IAS officer who has spent years in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s group and is amongst his most trusted aides, joined the BJP as we speak. Arvind Kumar Sharma joined the get together in Uttar Pradesh’s Lucknow.
Mr Sharma is tipped for the UP legislative council and could also be given an essential publish within the UP authorities of Yogi Adityanath. Elections to the 12 seats of the Legislative Council are due on January 28.
The bureaucrat was Secretary within the centre’s Ministry for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). His voluntary retirement this week got here as a shock to many however by all accounts, he’s set for a major political position in Uttar Pradesh.
The 1988 batch IAS officer of the Gujarat cadre is from Mau in UP.
Mr Sharma labored with PM Modi not simply in Delhi but additionally when he was Chief Minister of Gujarat earlier than 2014. He joined him as Secretary in 2001, when Mr Modi started his stint as Gujarat Chief Minister.
The low profile officer was part of the Prime Minister’s Office in addition to the Chief Minister’s Office, sources stated. Over practically twenty years, Mr Sharma earned the Prime Minister’s belief together with his results-driven strategy, BJP leaders say.
When PM Modi was in Gujarat, Mr Sharma was chief govt of the Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board. He joined the PM’s Office in 2014, when the BJP got here to energy after a landslide victory.
Last yr, Mr Sharma was moved to the vital MSME ministry in May, when the federal government was engaged on reduction for the sector from the coronavirus lockdown.
- India vs Australia 4th Test Live Cricket Score: Australia Look For Big Lead After India Fightback
- European Council Chief Calls Kremlin Critic Alexei Navalny’s Arrest Unacceptable
- Case Filed After Misleading Pamphlets On COVID-19 Vaccine Shots Appear In UP
- Congress, Left Front Say Will Finalise Bengal Seat-Sharing Deal by January End
- Balasore, Odisha:Woman Paid Rs 50,000 To Get Daughter Killed, Arrested: Odisha Police