Army Chief Gen MM Naravane on Thursday witnessed the firing of assorted artillery weapons, together with these being developed by home producers, in Rajasthan’s Pokhran.
He additionally visited Jaisalmer army station the place senior commanders briefed him about operational preparedness of the Army within the area, thought-about essential for the border with Pakistan, officers stated.
After arriving at Jaisalmer, the Army Chief, accompanied by Southern Army Commander Lt Gen JS Nain, left for the Pokhran area firing ranges the place he witnessed the firing of assorted artillery weapons, together with tools being developed by indigenous producers, the Army stated.
“Later, the Army Chief visited Jaisalmer military station where he was briefed by General Officer Commanding Konark Corps and other formation commanders on the operational situation and preparedness,” it stated in a press release.
The Army stated that Gen Naravane additionally interacted with troops of Konark Corps and exhorted them to take care of excessive requirements of coaching and professionalism.
“The Chief of Army Staff complimented the formations for adhering to force preservation measures and for provision of assistance to civilian authorities in combating the COVID-19 pandemic,” it stated.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)
- Shots Fired Outside Berlin Store In Germany, Four Injured: Report
- Walmart, Disney Announce New COVID-19 Steps Amid Delta Surge
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu Blows Away Akane Yamaguchi To March Into Semi-Finals
- Tokyo Olympics, Live Updates: Manu Bhaker In ninth Place In Women’s 25m Pistol Qualifier
- US Condemns Harassment Of Foreign Journalists In China: Deeply Concerned