A double-storey residential constructing collapsed on one other construction at a slum in suburban Mumbai late Wednesday evening, killing 9 and injuring no less than eight.
Many are nonetheless feared trapped underneath the particles and evacuation operations are underway, officers mentioned.
Mumbai civic physique BMC can be evacuating folks from one other three-storey construction close by which is in a dilapidated situation, they mentioned.
Locals joined the search group and helped rescue the injured and transported them to a hospital in suburban Kandivali.
“17 injuries were reported, of which nine were brought dead. Eight are being treated for their injuries,” a physician from the hospital informed NDTV.
According to the BMC catastrophe administration cell, the incident was reported round 11.10 pm on Wednesday.
The native police and hearth brigade officers are on the spot, finishing up rescue operations.
- Will Hasten Third Wave, Delhi High Court Flags Violations As Delhi Unlocks
- UP Police Sends Legal Notice To Twitter India Managing Director Over Ghaziabad Assault Video: News Agency ANIUP Police Sends Legal Notice To Twitter India Managing Director Over Ghaziabad Assault Video: News Agency ANI
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin Meets Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi In Delhi
- Over 10,000 Daily UK Covid-19 Cases For First Time In 4 Months
- Sputnik V To Offer Booster Shots Against Delta Variant To Other Vaccine Makers