Siliguri, West Bengal:
Around 150 youngsters affected by fever and respiratory issues have been admitted to the Jalpaiguri district hospital in Siliguri the place a lot of the sufferers are beneath 5 months.
Dr Subir Bhowmick, head of the pediatric division of Siliguri district hospital and president, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Siliguri department, stated 70 youngsters admitted within the pediatric wards are at the moment present process remedy there.
“The condition of Siliguri district hospital is the worst. There are 24 sick newborn care units in the district hospital. The number of daily patients has increased from 200 to 300 and out of those 31 have been admitting daily,” he stated.
Sunaina Devi, the grandmother of one of many youngsters, stated her grandchild is affected by cough and chilly for the previous few days and the “medicines earlier given by the doctors did not work”.
“We are trying to provide service within our capability, but we will not be in a condition to manage a huge number of patients soon,” Mr Bhowmick stated.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is printed from a syndicated feed.)
- US To Lift COVID-19 Travel Ban For Fully Vaccinated Passengers From November
- Shilpa Shetty’s First Instagram Post After Husband Raj Kundra Gets Bail
- Biggest Infiltration Attempt In J&Okay In Recent Years, Army Op Underway
- New Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Channi Takes Dig At AAP, Says He’s Aam Aadmi
- Hotel Rwanda Paul Rusesabagina Hero Convicted On Terror Charges