Over 52 per cent of Rajya Sabha’s scheduled sitting time final week was misplaced to disruptions and protests, however excessive productiveness on Thursday and Friday held out hope of a return to regular functioning.
Opposition MPs have been protesting over a number of points, amongst them the suspension of 12 Upper House members for ruckus on the final day of the monsoon session.
While the Opposition members have slammed the suspension transfer as “undemocratic” and “selective”, Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu has refused to revoke the motion, underlining that the suspended members haven’t “expressed remorse”. However, he has added that it’s for the House to take a view on its choice and it’s for all involved to take it ahead.
In no temper to again down, the suspended MPs have been protesting close to Mahatma Gandhi’s statue on parliament premises. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi has stated the federal government was prepared to think about revoking the suspension if the Opposition MPs apologised.
Productivity of the House over the past week has been 47.70 per cent of the scheduled time, a launch stated. It stated the House sat for 33 minutes past the scheduled time on Thursday, elevating general productiveness for the week to 49.70 per cent.
Thursday and Friday reported the very best productiveness for the week, at 95 per cent and 100 per cent, respectively.
The launch talked about that the House took up the Private Members’ Business for the total scheduled time of two-and-a-half hours on Friday. The final time this occurred was on February 7, 2020 in the course of the Budget session, it stated.
In the primary week of the session, two Bills — Farm Laws Repeal Bill and the Dam Safety Bills — had been handed by the Rajya Sabha.
- 2.71 Lakh New Covid Cases In India, Positivity Down Marginally
- ICC U19 World Cup 2022, India U19 vs South Africa U19 Live Score Updates: South Africa U19 Two Down, Need 175 More Runs To WinICC U19 World Cup 2022, India U19 vs South Africa U19 Live Score Updates: South Africa U19 Two Down, Need 175 More Runs To Win
- Twitter Bans Account Linked To Iran Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Over Video Threatening Donald TrumpTwitter Bans Account Linked To Iran Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Over Video Threatening Donald Trump
- Ban On Political Rallies Amid Pandemic Likely To Be Extended: Sources
- PM Narendra Modi Announces January 16 As Start-Up Day, Says 42 Unicorns Were Made In India Last YearPM Narendra Modi Announces January 16 As Start-Up Day, Says 42 Unicorns Were Made In India Last Year