Seven individuals had been killed and 170 are nonetheless lacking after a portion of Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan space of Joshimath in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district, triggering huge flooding of the Alaknanda and Dhauliganga rivers on Sunday morning.
The flooding has compelled the evacuation of hundreds, and broken each homes and the close by Rishiganga and NTPC energy tasks.
Prime Minister Modi tweeted to say he had spoken to Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat and that he was constantlt monitoring the state of affairs.
The authorities has in the meantime stated the rise in water degree has been contained and that there isn’t a danger of downstream flooding.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has additionally introduced ₹ four lakh monetary help for the household of these killed.
PM Modi additionally introduced Rs 2 lakh compensation to the household of these killed within the incident.
- New Rules For Online News And Social Media: 10-Point Guide
- Some States Resorting To Proxy War By Supporting Non-State Actors: India At UN
- Bengal Assembly Election: Police Cancel Asaduddin Owaisi’s Kolkata Rally Ahead Of Polls: AIMIM LeaderBengal Assembly Election: Police Cancel Asaduddin Owaisi’s Kolkata Rally Ahead Of Polls: AIMIM Leader
- IND vs ENG: Rohit Sharma’s Unbeaten Fifty, Axar Patel’s Six Wickets Put India In Command In Day-Night TestIND vs ENG: Rohit Sharma’s Unbeaten Fifty, Axar Patel’s Six Wickets Put India In Command In Day-Night Test
- North Korean Defector Undetected For Hours After Daring 6-Hour Swim To South